Saturday, January 1, 2022

My Rearview of 2021

Hmmm, it looks like it's that time of year again when everything goes a bit haywire. The humans have Christmas and New Year (what on earth is that?) and I get more attention as they're kind of on holiday. But at home, so treats are always on tap, they're generally in a good mood and a certain someone in the family who adores me comes to stay. With her cat!!

Is it really one of their human years since I took a look at 2020? Yes. Better get a wiggle on then and have a dekko at what I got up to in 2021.

First of all, if you had a read of my canine musings in 2021, (courtesy of the human who feeds me), a big thank you! Nice to know you're out there. Quite important in these strange times, when we can't always go where I - sorry we! - want to.

In January 2021, we couldn't go anywhere. That lockdown thing meant we could only go out to local places not far from home, and we certainly couldn't go away in my campervan, which was a disappointment.

My humans did their best though as we walked and walked locally, exploring parts of the small town we live in which they'd never been to before. We went down lots of roads and I learned new routes, so I now have a pretty good map of where we are if we visit them again - and guess what? I remember where we are even if we've not been there for a while. And I certainly remember the way home!

But something exciting happened in January, I was awarded two first places and one second place in the Norfolk Terrier virtual Fun Day. You can read about it here. And shortly after that my rosettes arrived. My humans were pretty excited about that and of course, I was too. 

In February we did manage to go out for days in my campervan - still couldn't go and stay anywhere as we were still locked down - but we managed some chilly, muddy, interesting walks in Tatton Park, which is near my house. It was SO good to get out and sniff and run and be in some earthy green space. I saw some deer but wasn't allowed to chase them even though they looked and smelled interesting. As we'd gone there in my campervan we had somewhere nice and cosy to go back to after the walk, and we had lunch and a snooze (well, I did).

In March we lots more of those local walks, and I wrote about them here

April was pretty good! We went away in my campervan and swapped it for a brand new campervan - the humans do treat me well! It was very exciting as it smelled different. They called that smell "new". And we went away for a short holiday in it to a place I like on the cliffs in Devon, with lots of good walks. It was windy and by the sea and I loved it. Freedom! We could go away at last!

We went away in my new campervan several times in the summer. Oh bliss - it was good because we often went to the sea and the beach for a few days. 

I liked going to the Place called Squirrel because I found a body on the beach, and to Barmuf beach, where I found another body! It was ok in the Boxwolds, but not quite as interesting as being in Whales.

Best of all in 2021 though was being in my campervan. It didn't really matter where we were. It was always good!


No comments:

Post a Comment