Friday, July 16, 2021

I went to Whales

 

I had a great day out at a place called Bodsomething and the Orn in Whales (Bodnant Garden and Great Orme, North Wales - Ed). 

First of all we (my humans and their daughter) went to a big garden with lots of trees and grassy meadows and paths and flowers and friendly people saying hello to me. I got a fair bit of fuss. Some of the trees were very tall.

I had to stay on my lead most of the time but that was OK because there were lots of other dog on leads too.

After we'd had lunch there sitting in the sunshine, we drove to the Orn place and went right up to the top. It's a big mountain with the sea all around it, and there were plenty of places to walk and explore.

The humans liked looking at the sea and the coastline and a place called Puffin Island.

We didn't see any puffins (I think they're supposed to be birds) but a whopping great gull was sitting near the car when we got out near the top.

I wasn't very interested in it because I could see and smell something more exciting in the churchyard - sheep! They were almost hidden in the long grass. The humans had a look around the churchyard. There are some very large memorials with angels and things on them. Actually quite impressive. 

I was a bit disappointed that I didn't see the goats who live in the Orn, but the humans saw them in a field as we drove up to the top.

When we got to the top of the Orn was best, as I had a good walk and sniffed the sea as well as something else....rabbits! They were nibbling grass in a field so I sat still and looked at them. They were too far away for me to chase, but along with the sheep, it was quite exciting to have some new smells that day.

Here I am enjoying my walk. I like Whales and the Orn.




No comments:

Post a Comment