Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Being beside the seaside


 

We went away in my campervan last week and had a sort of pre-Christmas short holiday. It didn't rain much - only one morning when we stayed in and I checked out what was happening from my lookout post by the window.

To be honest, not much was happening at all. There were only 9 other camperthingy outfits on site and the most interesting thing to do was watch was the rabbits. They were scuttling about all over the place (Southport it's called) and I got a bit excited when I saw them nibbling the grass when we were out on patrol around the camp site.

It was OK being on lookout and I had another good position in my van to view from, but the best bits were when we went for extremely long walks.

These took us through the park and on to the prom next to the beach.

Aaaahhh - the beach. That was fun! I could spend hours happily trotting along sniffing, exploring, rooting into stuff that had been washed up on the sand. Sand - aaahhh - that's nice to dig in too.

The human who feeds me got excited because she found three mermaid's purses, and of course, she had to take a photo of them. Then we went on the pier. It was a long walk to the end, and it was cold and windy, but the humans seemed to like it as there were birds around on the marshy bits of beach (they like birds) and things called oystercatchers were flying over going peep-peep.

Mermaid's purses - empty egg cases of sharks and rays 

I'm not really bothered about these things, but the humans like to see sunsets when we're by the sea, so they made sure our walks along that prom thing and on the beach were when it was starting to get dark, so they could take photos.

 


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Good to get away even if the weather is a bit 'iffy'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is! But now we're in full lockdown again it won't be for a while yet, so important to store up the good times when we have them.

      Delete