Thursday, February 8, 2024

Addicted? Moi?

Oh it's been a while again since I shared my thoughts with you. What a l-o-n-g winter it's been and today, no blooming let up as it rained and snowed and did nasty things so I had to get togged up in my cosy onesie when I went out.

Not that I wanted to go - please tell me there are other Norfolks out there who dig their paws in when they see what the weather's like? And then behave like a bag of heavy wet washing when we're out instead of walking properly with the human.

On the whole, my humans are pretty good when it comes to taking me for walks and they know what I like:

Park! Yes, country park with deer. It's good

Car! Yes again, that means we're not going on pavements near home but somewhere a bit more interesting.

Horses! Oh yes - that means we're are going on some pavements to a lane which leads to a field where there are 3 horses, and I'm very happy to watch them and sniff them when they come over to the fence to say hello. 

Cows! Yes - had forgotten we sometimes go on a longish walk which takes us to a farm where there are big cows and baby cows, which are the nicest to watch.

Of course, it's been such a wet winter with masses of soggy ground and it's not always been good to walk far, so the humans keep me happy with a few fetch games in the house (fetching badger and squeaky squirrel) and watching a bit of Dog TV in the evening before they watch their programmes (not very interesting those).

But yes to Dog TV, birds, squirrels and - nearly forgot - Winterwatch! I loved that, Better than Dog TV and what's more, the humans like it too.

You could say I'm a bit of an addict (not sure what that means but one of my humans uses that word when I want to look at her tablet screen). I like it best when she lets me have the screen to myself, but I don't complain if she lets me sit and watch her do a funny thing with boxes and words [Ed. on-line crossword].

Roll on the good weather so I can enjoy sitting out in my garden, watching the squirrels and taking the air in the sunshine. Paws crossed it won't be long to wait for that now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment