Monday, January 25, 2021

Stay at Home

Here I am on lookout duty, keeping an eye on what's going on outside. 

Hmmm....here come some deliveries.....oh yes, there's one of the neighbours going out....ah yes, there goes Murphy from across the road going for a walk....and here comes the postie. I sometimes bark or growl if there are people about outside my house, just to make sure the humans remember I'm a good watchdog too.

Of course, I go out for walks too - every day we have a very long walk -  but right now there's a lot of talk about staying at home because with this Coronavirus thing about, my humans are mainly staying at home to do their bit and help stop the spread of the virus. Not that they've got it, and they don't want it either, but because everyone has been asked to stay at home.

I like being at home. I sometimes run down the hill to my house for the last bit of our walk, because I know it will be warm and snug inside. Right now that's pretty important as there's been a lot of snow and rain and ice and I don't really go for this weather. But the humans make sure we go out everyday to get exercise. Even if it's freezing cold!

When we go out I have to wear what they call my "onesie". It's a fleece coat, a bit like pyjamas, and it keeps me warm and dry, and most important, it keeps me clean.

You may have noticed that my physique (big word!) is chunky - I have what's described in doggy terms as a "cobby body" - and my body is quite close to the ground. If it's muddy or mucky I come home with my lower half and undercarriage in need of a bath. If I wear the onesie, it's only my paws that need cleaning up and the human who feeds me washes and dries the onesie. She says it's easier than bathing me (although I'm not against a dip in a spot of nice warm water now and then).

I wrote about how I was measured up for my onesie and you can read about it here.

That happened when there was no Coronavirus and we able to go to campsites and places in my van. Ah - those were the days.

I keep my paws and claws crossed that all this will be possible again, but in the meantime, we have to stay at home.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment