Sunday, July 18, 2021

It ain't half hot Mum!


No idea what it's like where you are, but it's blooming hot here. Has been for the past few days which means the usual routine goes a bit slack as the humans slow down and don't do much.

I don't do much either - far too hot for me to go out for my walks at the usual time. We go out for a longer walk later in the evening, when it's not hot, so I get a short morning walk before it gets too hot and that's quite good. Very often there are other dogs about with their humans having a walk before it gets too hot.

Of course, we have to stop and sniff hello and maybe have the odd play pass. Then it's sit down and wait...and wait...while our humans have a little chat about nothing much (usually the weather - groan...) and then we're off back home.

What happens then is pretty much nothing. It's too hot. So I find a shady spot in  the garden then head back indoors and flop down under the table where it's cool and dark.

The human who feeds me got my cool coat out today (had she forgotten it?). It gets soaked in cold water, squeezed out and then she puts it on me. It's good, keeps me wonderfully chilled, and I've been out for a late afternoon walk in it too - not far as it's still blooming hot - but it  was nicely cool and I reckon I look quite cool in it too.

Yes, I look quite the bees knees wearing it on my Perch (windowsill) where I watch the world go by.

But why does my human keep singing that song "How much is that doggy in the window?"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment