Saturday, August 21, 2021

The Boxwolds

I'm watching that pigeon on the roof!

I've been away again in my campervan. I went to the Boxwolds with my humans for a few days, and first we visited their daughter (who adores me). We stayed for one night at a campsite on a racecourse (Cheltenham, Ed.)  It smelled horsey but there were no horses, just people and vans.

We went to the daughter's house and although I could smell that darned cat, I didn't get to see her. I know she was there. When I tried to go upstairs to find her they'd put big boxes on the stairs so I couldn't get up. But we had a great walk in the big park and around the lake, then I sat with the humans in the garden while they had a drink of something which made a loud bang when they opened the bottle. It was their daughter's birthday or something, and it was very nice, even without finding that cat.

Then we went on to stay at a campsite somewhere else in the Boxwolds, and I think that's the name of where we were because the human who feeds me kept calling them the chocolate Boxwolds - something to do with all the villages being pretty and chocolate boxes. Or it could be because they put boxes on the stairs in that part of the country. 

We did walk to a pretty village near the campsite (Broadway, Ed.) but the best bits were going to a ruined abbey (Hailes Abbey near Winchcombe, Ed.) where I was given dog biscuit at the ticket office, when we arrived. I also liked going for a long walk on a hill (Dover's Hill near Chipping Campden, Ed.) which I really enjoyed.

The campsite was nice but every now and then a big thing called a steam train came past, making a lot of chuffing noises and hooting. I didn't like it and hid behind my human's legs. She was smiling and waving at people inside the train and going on about something called the Railway Children.

Something quite exciting happened in my van while we were away. A pigeon was walking about on the big window in the roof and I could see its belly and feet. Very interesting. I liked looking at it, and I could hear it tapping about too. The human who does school with me said he hoped it didn't do a poo on the roof.

Then we met their daughter again on the way back and she took me for a great walk across some fields while my humans went into some gardens (Hidcote, Ed.) and it seems they liked them. 

I just love being away in my van and wonder where we might go next. Soon, please!

Hailes Abbey - I liked it there



No comments:

Post a Comment