Monday, October 4, 2021

First Encounters


Hello there! Long time no blogging because there's been a lot of interesting things going on. 

I went to stay with my human's daughter. She looked after me while my humans went away to somewhere called France for a wedding. I was spoiled rotten there, which was fine by me, and especially interesting was THAT CAT who sometimes comes to stay at my house was there too! Didn't see much of her, but we did meet under a bed somewhere, which was fun with lots of brisk running about.

Anyway, their daughter took me to meet her friend's baby. I didn't know what a baby was. I've never met a baby before, and he'd never met a dog before, but it was just perfect when we met. 

Here are some pics of us getting to know each other. We both enjoyed this first encounter. He liked touching me and feeling my coat and I liked licking him to show I was friendly. We were very gentle with with each other.






The baby that Bosworth met is just over a year old and he has Down's Syndrome. He's a much wanted, precious baby and he is growing up in a loving family environment. His mum has already met some prejudice because of his condition, but she's strong and has discovered who her true friends are because of this.

People with Down's, in my experience, are very loving and caring and they love music and dancing, My brother-in-law was born with Down's and from the time I first met him, when he was 5 years old, to the time he passed away in his 50s, he was nothing but kind and fun-loving. He was gentle with Bosworth's 2 predecessors, and I suspect that dogs know when people are kind. So in a way it's not surprising that baby and dog both gravitated towards each other and had such a delightful encounter.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment