Friday, October 7, 2022

Going to France

Published in October issue of Campervan
Hello! I've been on holiday, and as my human was with me, I've not been able to get her to write anything until now, as we're back at home and not on holiday any more.

Well, where did I go and what did I do? 

We went to France...I think it was called that....and I know I've been there before, but on a train when I stayed in my campervan on the train journey, with my humans.

This time  it was a bit different as I went on a boat (not sure what that is) but the sea is involved and my van had to go inside the boat along with lots other vans and cars.

My humans let me stay in the van with some water to drink and a few treats but they went off somewhere else  while the boat took us to France. The human who feeds me came back during the boat ride to check I was OK and I was fine, just snoozing and I wondered what all the fuss was about.

Before we went to France I had to have a trip to the vets and she gave me one of those needle things in the back of my neck and checked I was healthy (I am). Then she had to fill in masses of paper to say I could go - something to do with that strange breakfast thing they had.

[Ed. post-Brexit regulations for taking dogs abroad are a nightmare of paperwork. They replace the Pet Passport and have to be done every time you take your pet to the EU. Read about "The Pet Passport that is no more" here].

 

When we got to the France place we found a big shop [Ed.garden centre] to buy me some food as - weird - we can't take my dog food with us. There was plenty of the right sort of food in the French shop, the smells were pretty good, and there was a BIG dog, which turned out not to be real so it didn't scare me!

Then we got on our way and headed for a campsite near the sea. The human who feeds me wrote all about getting this Animal Health Certificate thingy, which has masses of stamps on each page. Not sure why.

And the story about getting the certificate and about ME! has been published in a magazine [Ed. Campervan, see header picture].


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment