Sunday, August 14, 2022

Hot dog

 

What is one to do in this blooming heatwave? 

Hunker down, it's the only way, so I've got a few ways of managing the heat:

1) Sleep, snooze, doze, as long as it's in a cool quiet place, like on the wooden floor under the kitchen table.

2) Retreat to my dug out under the stone bench in the garden (they - the humans - can't always find me there but I can see them).

3) Go into the deepest parts of the garden and right into the corner where a) it's shady and b) I can keep an eye on what's going on next door through the crack in the fence.

4) Drink water.

5) Lounge around in my cool coat which they put on me during the hottest part of the day.

6) Lick the ice lolly on a plate the humans have made for me with a few bits of kibble & treats frozen into the water. Delicious and interesting.

7) Make sure I'm in the slip stream of the fan when it's on.

8) Drink more water (they remind me to do this as I can get distracted by things - like their daughter's cat who came to stay for a few days).

9) Enjoy my morning and evening walks, when it's cool and there are lots of other dogs about having walks, so we can exchange sniffs and pee-mail.

That's about it. Stay cool.....

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment