Friday, May 21, 2021

The new campervan

I have a new van - correction, we have a new van, my humans and I. I say new, but it's remarkably like the other one we had but somehow quite different.

We went away not long ago (see what I said about that windy walk we had when my ears stood on end) and we travelled to the place called Devon in my other van.

When we got to the place where there are lots more vans, my humans started carrying everything from our van to this new blue one. It was like moving house and I kept out of the way and just watched. It took quite a long time moving everything from one van to another, and we seemed to be there for ages.

This new blue van is just like my silver van, and I felt at home straight away as I knew where everything was. But it smelled different and the smell is called "new". I know that because my humans remarked several times "It smells new". And they keep saying there are lots of new gadgets in it. As long as they pack my food and favourite toys, I'm happy.

Most things are almost the same, but the bathroom place where they clean their teeth and get clean and have a pee is different and they say it's better and seems bigger. The human who feeds me likes the big mirror as it makes her look willowy and tall. What's willowy? I have no idea, but it keeps her happy.

I don't really get into colours but they also went on about how pleased they were with the colour scheme they'd chosen. As far as I can see from my viewpoint down near the floor, the cupboard doors are a different colour and there's wood flooring (like at home) with a rug, not a carpet. Long as I have somewhere cosy to sit, I'm happy. And now it's clear why I had a new soft cosy bed delivered a while ago and got rather interested in it at the time. But then it disappeared.

Now it's turned up in this new van and I claimed it pretty fast as I wanted to make sure they didn't hide it again. I think it's probably my van bed. It doesn't take up as much room as my bed from the house, and it suits me just fine.

Now I'm looking forward to lots of trips in my new van. It's so much better and far more interesting than going out the car!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment