Friday, November 27, 2020

A Norfolk in Norfolk

 

My humans took me to Norfolk for a short holiday this autumn when we were able to go away from home. This lockdown thingy they have had been switched off or something so we could go. Anyway, we went in my campervan and stayed in a place called Weybourne. The campsite was right next door to lots of good walks. There were woods, walking trails, a hill and best of all, one of the paths led to the beach.

I love beaches, They're great to run on, walk on, sniff on and generally explore. Some of them have rock pools and I like going in those for a paddle. But there were no rock pools on this beach, just lots of pebbles.


Before I could get near the sea and the smooth bits of the beach, I had to climb up a big bank of pebbles. It was OK, I managed, but omg my paws got a bit of a work out and it wasn't always nice walking on those bumpy things. 

The beach was empty and there were only a few other people walking on it. There was a big stone building which my humans thought was a defence look-out used in the war. (What's war?) Anyway, it looked a bit manky and nasty inside so we walked away from it and I ran along with one of my humans, which was good fun.

 

You can see there's hardly anyone about, and the beach was very, very long. The sea was rough and noisy and the waves were crashing in along the shoreline. I went to look at them but didn't want to get my paws wet; it looked just a bit scary.

Next day we drove to a birdy place near somewhere called Blakeney Point where there were supposed to be seals. I don't know what seals are but we didn't see any and it was too far to walk to the Point, so we went on  the marshes to see birds - well, my humans saw them but I couldn't get very excited about seeing loads of black and white birds. They were Brent geese in case you wondered, and they had flown to Norfolk from a long way away to spend the winter here. My humans liked them and watched them through those round things held up to their eyes. Called binnocs or something like that.

The humans made a few jokes (nice ones) about me being a Norfolk terrier in Norfolk. I didn't know I was named after this place, and maybe that's why we went there. But it doesn't matter because it was very nice and I just loved the big beaches.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment