Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Hare of the Dog

 

What is this?

You may well ask, as I did, when this THING arrived in a big box and was unpacked by the human who writes my blog for me (she feeds me too). It was in a big tall box and when she stuck her hands inside to see what it was, she started laughing, especially when she felt its ears (she didn't know what they were, all covered in that bubbly wrap stuff that pops).

When it emerged, she was delighted (uh?) as it was a birthday present and apparently she'd asked for a HARE to go in the garden. Oh yes. They're a bit weird are my humans, but there you go, they love me to bits and really the feeling's mutual. And to be honest I don't mind the odd statue (I think that's what it is) in my garden, as long as it doesn't get in the way of my patrol areas along the borders with next door.

I don't really know what a hare is, but it's an animal for certain. It wasn't in the least bit interested when I touched noses with it and tbh it looks a bit on the big side (especially its ears), and a bit - well - static.

It lives in the garden now, on the patio. It sits behind some pots, peeping through the leaves and flowers that are still out, but apart from that it does NOTHING. Boring.

There was talk of moving it somewhere else when the weather gets nice again (it's all a bit wet, chilly and nasty out there at the moment as far as I'm concerned, and it's much better chilling out near a radiator thing). So maybe this hare object that she's named Hilary (don't ask...) will eventually move? When it warms up again?

Apparently hares have boxing matches and dance by the light of the moon. Must be mad!

Editorial note: Hares are supposed to be able to shape shift and are creatures of the moon and the night. They symbolically represent intuition and they nest close to the ground in a shallow "form". They are associated with rebirth, with being able to cope in times of change, and are sacred to the earth Goddess, bringing luck, fertility, transformation and healing. They have - and still continue to be (illegally) - persecuted by hare coursing.

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment