Tuesday, February 28, 2023

The cup of biscuits place

Me in the cafe, waiting for biscuits!

I was a bit excited. We went out for the day last week in my campervan and stopped at the same place we'd been to before, where the humans have that cup of coffee thing they like. I remembered it because when they were given their coffee, I was given a small cup with BISCUITS in it!

Well, that was pretty exciting last time, so this time, as soon as I saw where we were heading after we'd parked the van, I couldn't get inside the coffee place fast enough! Once through the door I made a squeaking bee line for the counter where I could smell those biscuits.

The humans were a bit cross with me as I kept squeaking with excitement, but I did calm down and just about managed to sit still until their coffee stuff was brought to the table, along with a small plate of biscuits for me! 

I noticed there was another dog sitting at the next table. He was better behaved than I was but his humans said he was 10, and I'm 5, so maybe I've got a bit more energy? I don't know, I quite happily get worked up if there's a new place and/or food involved!

The coffee was drunk (what do they see in it? smells horrible to me) and I was allowed to have most of my biscuits. A couple were saved for later. Oh yes, and we went to a big wood with lots of statues and a river [Ed. The National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire]. It was a pretty good place to walk, lots of space, nice woodlands, had to stay on my lead of course, but very dog friendly.

All that and a plate of biscuits = a good day out!


No comments:

Post a Comment