Thursday, December 22, 2022

So this is Christmas


Hmmmm.....look what happened last week. The humans got the tree thing from the loft and fixed it together, then they hung bobbles on it (I think they called them bobbles).

Then they found a bag with antlers on headbands and the human who feeds me put one on her head and one on MINE! Then she took a photo of me. I usually get a bit excited when I see a photo op coming up but this time I was a bit grumpy because I had this thing on my head.

To her credit, she took it off straight away after I'd posed and it's not been seen since. Thank goodness.

And of course, we had all that wet white stuff they call snow and it was blooming cold out, slippery too. They put on my warm fleecy onesie coat when we went out for walks, and they took walking poles with them as the snow had frozen and it was icy. My paws held up OK but it was nice to get back in the warm.

They took me to the Heath, which looked very white. There were other dogs there in the snow too, so that made it more interesting to run about in.

Then they went away to somewhere called Lincoln to see some family but they didn't take me as they were going to sing carils in the caffeedroll and stay overnight in a hotel. What are carils? The radio keeps playing these carils songs and yesterday I got pretty excited because the caril song said holly and I thought it was about Holly the Cat who lives near my house and sometimes comes into my garden [Ed. "The first tree in the green wood it was the holly..." was the carol and it had  

I went to stay with my Fan Club across the road, where the girls who love me live. Sometimes they come to my house for a play date and they like to groom me, so the human who feeds me packed my grooming brush and comb so they could do this while I stayed there.

I watched while their mum wrapped up presents then they played with me and we all watched something called football. No idea what it was about but people kept running about after a ball and I liked seeing them moving around in a big field. 

It was almost as good as Dog TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment