Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Dog meets dog

Phew, it was all go when I went to stay with my human's daughter for a few days at her house. I love her to bits so it's no probem going there as I'm spoilt something rotten....although she does get a bit strict with me at times, especially when that CAT is about! But on the whole, I have a great time, plenty of fuss and new walks. I also get to visit new people, and one of them had a dog.

Brodie is a Miniature Dachshund and he's a similar size to me. Well, we met up at his house and I soon realised that we're both wimps! [Ed. as described by said daughter]

Now, I didn't know what that word meant and it doesn't sound very flattering, but as I see it, it has to mean we have good manners (like me) and that we're reserved and don't rush into leaping all over other dogs or people when we first meet them (like me) and that we generally behave ourselves. Well, I do have excellent taste and I can always detect a pocket of treats when I smell one on people we meet.

I can be a bit reserved when I meet new dogs when I'm out walking, and if they come on too strong then I'll give them a warning bark, get them to back off and then we'll proceed at my speed. Or maybe not at all if I don't like the look or smell of them.

It was all very civilised with Brodie and we kept to our own space and blankets while our humans chatted. I think he looks a bit nervous in this photo and he probably didn't like me being in his house, which is why I stuck to the rug.

Oh Brodie, I hope we can meet again and have a bit more fun when we know each other better. You're kind of like my kind of dog.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment