Friday, February 11, 2022

Market Bosworth - a town named after me!

 

It had been a busy day.

We went out quite early in my campervan and drove all the way to the place where I was born in Leicestershire. My humans were taking me to see my breeder, who also does hand stripping, something which we Norfolks have done to our coats.

Well, my coat was looking a bit messy. I'd been taken to someone near my home who does hand stripping, but she'd only done my back and left my sides longer. It all grew out in a peculiar way so my humans decided to take me to my breeder, Jackie, as she said she'd sort me out.

Well she did, and gave me a couple of biscuits afterwards as well. I look a lot smarter and tidier now, as you'll see from this picture.

I was just taking a look at the map while we had a stop on the way back and were deciding which was the best way to go home.

We'd stopped off in a place called Market Bosworth (named after me naturally) and had a very brisk walk in the large park there after walking around the town. It's near where there were some battles in history (no idea what that is) so I suppose that makes it interesting.

There are some nice houses there with straw roofs (Ed. thatch) and they had my name on a big sign by the road. We saw that on the way in. There were several shops with my name on too.

One of them said (my human read it out for me) -  "Bosworth Antics" (Ed. Antiques) and they've also named their bowls club after me as well, although I don't know why people have a club for bowls when they're things you eat out of. Humans are funny sometimes.

In spite of having to stand for a long time while my coat was stripped (that made me tired I can tell you) and then just having time for a short nap while we drove to Market Bosworth, I was still very tired at the end of the day.

The walk in the park, which was supposed to be a nature reserve (but I didn't see any birds of other things) was good and I enjoyed it. But towards the end we had to leave the path we were on because it was full of muddy puddles. We cut across a big field which looked OK, but it was mostly wet and boggy and muddy and I was up to my armpits in squelch at times. I didn't like it and nor did my humans because the sun was going down and it was blooming cold!

Market Bosworth is a very nice town, and we thought it was a bit - you know - posh. (Ed. no disrespect to the residents of Market Bosworth; it's a very attractive place) So my humans re-named it Market Poshworth and kept calling me Market. I didn't think much of that, even though I knew they were only joking.

I was rather taken with the town and rather delighted because they'd put my name on a very nice sign for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment