Monday, January 24, 2022

To the lighthouse

I got a bit excited when I heard one of my humans say we were going to see a lighthouse, as I had absolutely no idea what a lighthouse was. But then, when she said something about a lighthouse in a book by Virginia the Wolf, I knew it would be a good place to go. And it was.

It was on that Squirrel place with beaches we've been to before. We went there in my campervan and had  walks on the beach before lunch. I met some other dogs and we raced around for ages which was pretty good.
 

The lighthouse was really part of a house (fancy living there!) near the beach. I looked around for Virginia but didn't see her. No wolves in sight, just a few friendly bouncy cockerpoos. Then we walked through some sand dunes, big hilly things with grass and boards with information on Natty Jack toads ( what are they...?). My humans found this thing called a mermaid's purse on the beach, and it was cold, blooming cold, windy too.

I was glad of my onsesie as we walked a LONG way and I had to cross a wooden plank over a some water, which I didn't like much.

We walked all the way to a place I've been to before, called West Curby. When we got there we looked back and could still see the lighthouse. Still no wolf.

Then we had to walk all the way back again through the dunes and found a wooden path that went through the boggy bits. I didn't like that much as my paws got trapped between some of the boards, which were a bit old and rickety. The human who plays school with me carried me over the bad bits.

It was getting later and colder as the sun went down. The humans are a bit keen on sunsets and kept taking photos. Then AT LAST!!! we were back at my campervan so I could warm up, have a drink and a treat and settle down in my cosy bed for a kip while we travelled back home.

I had a great day out, but I never got to see Virginia the Wolf.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment