Saturday, February 6, 2021

A day out in my campervan

My  campervan has been sitting on the drive for a while, and sometimes when I've been out for a walk I wistfully walk towards the sliding door at the side and hope we might be going in, but no, we carry on up the road instead. So it was with great excitement the other day that I found some bags of food (dog and human) and the cool bag on the floor by the front door. I was told "Bozzy in the van" when we went out. Yesss!!

The sliding door was open, the humans put the bags inside plus my blanket to travel on, then they hooked my harness to my seat belt and off we set. Neeless to say I was very happy. I had no idea where we were going - I never do, but that's OK because it's always good to go somewhere in my van.

We didn't go far, just to Tatton Park which is near our house and a place we walk to sometimes. The humans had been saying things about "staying local" because with this lockdown thingy we're not supposed to travel far. We'd had lots of rain but it was a dry day and the sun shone too. After they'd had their coffee we went for a long walk in a very quiet part of the park. There weren't many people about and I had a great time running and sloshing a bit too as it was muddy and puddly in places. 

The air felt good, as though Spring is coming, and the humans noticed some things called catkins on a tree. I was excited to hear that as I thought there was a cat around somewhere, but I lost interest when I saw what they were looking at. I kept an eye out for squirrels though. I'd been picking up some scents, then I saw the deer, lots of them, a whole herd of them running quickly away from some other humans in the distance. I had to go on my lead then as I'd have been after them. 
We kept walking and went back to my van, where we had lunch - well, they did. I had a biscuit and a raw carrot snack, they had soup and bread.

It was quite cosy in my van and we all settled down (me for a snooze, them for a read) before going back home again. Great day out. Hope we can do it again soon.

How about next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment