Friday, February 19, 2021

One foot on the floor



 

 

Way back in the early days of Hollywood movies, there were rules about what could and what could not be seen, or said or done. One of them was that in any bedroom scene (single beds of course!) one partner had to keep one foot on the floor at all times.

Now why do I know about this? Well, take a look at the pictures of me and you'll perhaps see why.

There I was, all nicely settled on the very chair I like best but I'm not supposed to get up on, and I was definitely being on my best behaviour, when the human who feeds me noticed me there and started laughing. To be honest I was a bit startled because I thought I was going to get a right telling off, but no, she got her camera and took some photos of me and then told me to get off the chair. Hmmmm....what was all that about?

Then I heard her telling the other human who does "school" with me (and gives me treats for shaking paws and jumping over a hurdle which is really a walking stick). She was saying things like "It's what they had to do in bedroom scenes in old films - always keep one foot on the floor" and they both seemed to think that the way I was sitting was funny.

Acutally, and in my humble opinion, I think I looked pretty good and rather elegant.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment