Sunday, November 1, 2020

Built-in Walking Poles

Now I might look a bit grumpy in this picture, and that’s because I’m waiting to be let off my lead on this huge, enormous, wonderful beach. It was rather windy when this was taken too, so my hair doesn’t look at it’s best. All in all, I think I look like a grumpy windswept miseryguts, which if course I’m not.

 

Well, truth is I was a bit tired and a bit worked over. We – that is me with my two humans – had been walking on some very steep up and down narrow paths on the cliffs and headlands in this place called North Devon. For several days I might add. So I was tired, yes, and I was on my lead waiting to be let off, but this couldn’t happen until we’d walked past a big rock on the beach (weird rules). So when they called me and I looked at them, I wasn’t at my best.

However, I did have the edge on the humans with all this walking. They have 2 legs and have these things called walking poles to help them on the steep bits of the path. I have 4 legs and have my own built-in walking poles, so I can go at a good pace up and down and keep my balance well.

Their walking poles do the job nicely for them, my built-in ones do even better for me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment